Getting Started with ZoomGo
We’re glad to have you with us.
ZoomGo offers whole new way to enjoy and share your favorite shows and movies. As you go through this guide, you’ll discover how to make the most of the device and the PlayOn platform.
We’ve worked hard to find the best way to merge your favorite streaming services and let you enjoy that content wherever you are, whether connected or not.
We hope you enjoy using ZoomGo as much as we enjoyed designing it.
- ZoomGo Media Stick
- 8GB MicroSD card with SD adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Manual
- 15 days PlayOn trial registration code
You can plug the ZoomGo Media Stick into any 12 / 24 V cigarette lighter socket in your vehicle. When you’re away from the car, you can also use a Micro USB cable to power the stick, connected to a standard phone charger, power bank or laptop.
When connected to a cigarette lighter socket, the ZoomGo can charge two USB-powered devices, such as a phone and tablet. Please note, when powering the ZoomGo from a Micro USB cable, the charging ports are disabled.
You can use any MicroSD card with the ZoomGo, and up to any capacity! We recommend using a fast MicroSD card for the best performance.
Using ZoomGo is easy!
- Start by downloading the ZoomGo Media app from either Google Play or the iOS App Store.
- Insert the MicroSD card into the slot at the top of the ZoomGo stick.
- Plug the stick into the 12 / 24 V power socket in your vehicle (it can also be powered via Micro USB).
- The stick will start up, showing a solid LED indicator light. During WiFi activity, the LED indicator light will flash.
- On your phone or tablet, connect to the ZoomGo-XXXX WiFi network. You can add a password in the Settings portion of the ZoomGo app. (Please note, on some Android devices, you need to approve the ‘Stay Connected’ message that appears.)
- Open the ZoomGo app, and you’ll see the contents of the microSD card.
Licenced content for ZoomGo is provided via the PlayOn Service
- On your Windows PC, open your web browser and go to www.PlayOn.tv/ZoomGo
- Create your account and sign in
- Follow the instructions on the PlayOn website
- Click Download in the top menu of the PlayOn website and install the software
- Open PlayOn, click on Channels at the top, and click on Edit Channel Settings on the right side to log into each of your streaming services (make sure you check the Options by each one, as some settings are regional), then click OK
- Now you can select a streaming service and then search for a program
- Click on the episode you want to record, and click the Record icon to start a recording of this program
- Once recorded, you can navigate to your PlayOn Recordings folder, which is set by default to My Videos\PlayOn
- Using the MicroSD card and included adapter, plug these into the SD card reader on your PC, and move the desired recordings from the PlayOn folder to the SD card.
For more information on how to use PlayOn, visit: https://www.playon.tv/support
Using the ZoomGo app to watch content
- Connect to the ZoomGo-xxxx WiFi network
- Open the ZoomGo Media app on your mobile device
- The app will now display a list of files on the stick
- Open the SD-Card folder to see the contents on the microSD card
- You can tap on a folder to view its contents, and tap on a file to open it. You can also search for a file using the search icon in the top-right
- Your content will begin to play automatically. The app comes with a built-in player that supports most common formats
- To go up a level in the folders, use either the hardware Back button, or the breadcrumb menu in the top-left
- Long-pressing on any item gives you more options, including copying the item, deleting it and renaming it
- Tapping the Edit button in the 3-dots menu in the top-right allows you to select multiple items to then copy, move or delete
- You can switch to category view using the button at the bottom, and then choose the type of content using the category bar at the top of the screen
- Using the button in the top-left to access the main menu, you can see which WiFi network you are connected to, check storage capacity and backup your device’s data to the Stick.
- From here you can access the Settings panel, where you can change the Stick’s WiFi name and password, set a password for the content on the device and configure advanced settings.